Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
1. All of the information that I have supplied above in my application are true, accurate, and complete, to the best of my knowledge, and I have not knowingly withheld any information.
2. I understand that any false statements, material misrepresentations, or deliberate omissions of a fact or facts in this application, or during the hiring process, shall be considered sufficient cause for refusal to hire.
3. I understand that any false statements, material misrepresentations, or deliberate omissions of a fact or facts in this application, or during the hiring process, shall be considered sufficient cause if employed, for my termination from employment.
4. I understand that this application will be considered only if it is submitted in response to a current job opening, and that if I wish to be considered for future job openings with the City, I must fill out another job application and submit it in a timely manner for that specific job opening.
5. I understand that the City of Stow will make a thorough investigation of my entire work and personal history and may verify all data given in my application for employment, related papers, or oral interviews. I authorize such investigation and the giving and receiving of any information requested by the City of Stow and I release from liability any person giving or receiving any such information.
6. I understand that information may be obtained through personal interviews with my neighbors, friends or others with whom I am acquainted. This includes information as to my character, general reputation, personal characteristics and mode of living.
7. I authorize any physician or hospital to release any information which may be necessary to determine my ability to perform the duties of a job I am being considered for prior to employment or, in the future, during my employment with the City of Stow.
8. I understand that although management makes every effort to accommodate individual preferences, business needs may, at times, make the following conditions mandatory: overtime, shift work, or a rotating work schedule other than Monday through Friday. I understand and accept these as conditions of my continuing employment.
9. I understand that if I am offered employment it will be contingent upon submitting to and passing a post-offer physical examination, which may include drug and alcohol screening, and that if I fail, it will be grounds for the contingent offer being withdrawn.
10. I understand that information received by the City of Stow regarding my application for employment is subject to the State of Ohio Public Records Act.
11. I further understand that this is an application for employment and that no employment contract is being offered.
The City of Stow is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and maintains a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and applicants. The City of Stow does not discriminate in employment or the provision of services on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (sex), national origin and ancestry, age, disability, sex (wages), military status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. The information provided in this application will be used to determine your suitability to continue in the hiring process with the City of Stow. Submit one application per position. Applications lacking sufficient information will not be processed. Be sure to complete the entire application and ensure that your application is received by the closing date. Also note that, once submitted, this completed form will be subject to all applicable public records laws. If you are selected to continue in the hiring process, you may be required to complete additional documents, provide additional information, or update any information provided in this application. Applicants with disabilities may contact Human Resources via telephone (330-689-2805), or e-mail (HumanResources@stow.oh.us), to request and arrange for accommodations. All information provided on this application and at any stage of the hiring process must be truthful and complete. Any false statements, material misrepresentations, or deliberate omissions of a fact or facts in this application, or at any stage of the hiring process, shall be considered sufficient cause for refusal to hire AND shall be considered sufficient cause, if employed, for termination from employment.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field